QS support for your business includes tendering, feasibility studies, contract administration, cost management and dispute resolutions.
Quantity surveying support for sub-contractors
Sub-contractors bring skill and expertise in a specific discipline to construction projects.
Many sub-contractors, however, do not have a background in quantity surveying. This can leave them vulnerable to the complexities of tendering, contracts and cost management.
QS services for sub-contractors allows those sub-contractors to focus on their own work and skill. Quantity surveying support helps sub-contractors before work even starts.
At SubPort we help sub-contractors to win tenders and assess contracts, we can prepare, analyse and negotiate project costs, working from the cost of materials, labour and time.
Commercial contract management for sub-contractors
SubPort provide commercial contract management for sub-contractors. This includes:
• Commercial administration – the preparation and submission of payment applications and variations
• Change control – the administration of changes to the scope of works, ensuring that they are calculated and applied correctly
• Dispute support – support and guidance with any contractual disputes
• Commercial representation – sub-contractors often need a QS to attend meetings to ensure that all risks are mitigated
• Final accounts settlement
• Cost of value reporting and forecasting (CVRs) – reporting the financial performance of the project. This measures cost and expenditures against value and budgets which helps with costings on future projects.
Commercial contract management for sub-contractors removes the burden of administration and cost management while helping to improve profits and cashflow, and reducing risk.
How can a QS help my business?
The construction industry and the processes involved in construction projects are complex. The role of a Quantity Surveyor is to cut through the noise, provide essential support and get the most profitable result for your business.
A Quantity Surveyor understands the construction industry and the law. Your QS will work with you from the initial stages of the project and through the planning stage, identifying opportunities to maximise efficiency while remaining compliant.
A QS can help your business with tendering and procurement which can mean the difference between a profitable or non-profitable project. By determining a reliable and adequate budget, with funds being allocated gradually and effectively throughout the project, a Quantity Surveyor helps to deliver a successful outcome for your build.
For peace of mind, the QS services are then by your side throughout the project, available to help you should there be any changes in the scope of works or if disputes arise. They’re your eyes and ears, ensuring that the project is good for your business.
How can we help you?
If you are looking for QS support for your business get in touch with the team at SubPort to see how we can help.
We are leading freelance quantity surveyors based in Manchester and with offices throughout the rest of the UK.
Call our team directly on 0333 200 7205 or if you prefer to email, use our contact form and we’ll get back to you promptly.